Creswell Crags Nature Poetry Competition 2020
Deadline: Midnight 31st May 2020
FREE to enter but suggested donation, £2
The Creswell Crags Nature Poetry Competition 2020 is now open!
Home to some of the earliest cave art in Britain, the unique landscape of Creswell Crags has been inspiring artists since the Ice Age. We invite you to send us your poems inspired by nature, place and landscape, for the chance to win a prize, and have your work displayed at the Creswell Crags Visitor Centre. It does not have to be directly inspired by Creswell Crags, but poems which are will be very welcome.
The competition is open to all ages, with two categories: Adults (16+), and Young People (Under 16).
Poems will be judged by our Poet-in-Residence, Hannah Cooper-Smithson, with winners to be announced in early June 2020.
- We welcome any interpretation of ‘nature, place and landscape’, and poems don’t need to be about Creswell Crags specifically
- Poems should be no more than 40 lines in length.
- Poems should not have been published previously, either in print or online.
- Poems should be submitted as a Word Document or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on the 31st May 2020.
- Please include the following information in the body of your email: your full name, which age bracket you fall into (under 16s or over 16s), and your mailing address.
- There will be a winner and runner-up for each age bracket. Winners will receive a £10 gift voucher for the Creswell Crags bookshop and a mammoth mascot. Runners up will win a mammoth mascot. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash equivalent. Both winners and runners-up will have their work shared on Creswell Crags’ social media channels, and displayed at the Creswell Crags Visitor Centre on reopening.
Creswell Crags is an independent charity. We rely on visitor income and donations. As a result of government advice on the COVID-19 pandemic we are closed to the public, and our future survival cast into doubt. We need your support to survive. We are asking for a suggested donation of £2 per poem entered.
Donations can be made on our Just-Giving page, found here: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/supportcreswellcrags