Years of The Crags Photography Competition
‘Years of the Crags’ is an all year round Creswell Crags photography event/ competition that was first introduced March 2019 by our Operations Officer, Kornelija. The theme is “The Crags” – in any and every way, shape or form – and so photos of nature, the archaeology, adventures, caves, the architecture… all can be submitted in. We welcome you to join in and get involved, regardless of age or photography experience. So get snapping and send us your photos today!
Forward photos to: Kornelija.Zilinskaite@creswell-crags.org.uk or our Facebook account
Subheading: Years of the Crags
Image size: min file size 1mb
Title caption: If there’s a story behind the images, we’d love to hear it…
Required info: full name, contact number, social media site you’d like to promote (if applicable), and dates when the photos have been taken
All best photos will be posted on our social media sites (Facebook and Instagram) for the public to vote the best one
Winning entry of each month will receive a Years of the Crags Goody Bag filled with Cave Tour Vouchers and popular items from our Gift Shop (subject to availability + will be changed each month) value around £30.00
Best photos will be used in our new Charity Photo book (everyone is in for a chance to be features in the book (photos used will be kept a mystery until the release date) which will be in 2020. Photos will also be displayed in a free exhibition in our museum.
Terms and conditions:
– Max. 3 photos to be submitted in one month by a single person
– Photo must be taken by the entrant (entrant must own the right to the image)
– Edited photos will be accepted as long as the main focus and context of the image is preserved
– Entries Close on the last day of each month at midday
– All Winners will be announced within 7 days of the closing date
– By forwarding the photos: you agree to grant us a royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to publish and otherwise use the material in any way that we want, and in any media worldwide. This may include on our website, marketing material and social networks
– Please note: you will still own the copyright to your photos and whenever possible, we will try to credit the photographer when photo is used!
– Best photos will be picked by the public (most liked photo) both on Facebook and Instagram, winner will be announced on Instagram, so be sure to follow Creswell Crags on both social media sites
* Asterisk (*) marked photos indicate that the image is taken by a Creswell Crags staff member (not part of the competition)
The wet weather before Christmas has provided some unique images of the Crags. Yet again Creswell proves to be stunning whatever the weather.
November has been incredibly wet throughout the region. Thank you to everyone who braved the elements and captured these wonderful pictures