Tour Terms & Conditions
By purchasing these tickets, you agree that you and your party will adhere to the following.
Visitors refusing to adhere these may be refused entry to the caves, and shall not be entitled to a refund.
1) Face coverings can be worn in the caves by all adults and children over 11 years old. This is a personal choice.
2) You must not attend your cave tour if you, or any of your group, are showing symptoms of COVID-19, have been instructed to self-isolate, have recently tested positive for COVID-19, or are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test. Cancellations due to COVID-19 will be fully refunded; please give us as much notice of cancellation in this instance as possible.
3) Children must be 5 years or older to go in the caves, and children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Any child under 5 shall be refused entry to the caves.
4) All visitors must wear a helmet (which will be provided) when in the caves, and consent to the caves being secured from the inside while the tour is in progress.
5) Eating, drinking and smoking is NOT permitted inside the caves or main exhibition.
6) Dogs are not permitted in the museum unless they are support dogs. In this instance we ask that you let us know in advance so that we can make appropriate arrangements.
7) Dogs are not permitted in the caves. Please contact us in advance of booking a tour if you would like to visit with a support dog.
8) All discounts including Blue Peter Badge Holders must be booked on site on the day, or in advance over the telephone. Proof of discount will be required at check-in. Blue Peter Badge Holders must have their photo card with them in order to claim their discount. The badge itself will not be accepted.
9) Each tour must have at least two people booked on to it in order to run. Any tour with only one person booked on will not go ahead, and the individual shall either be offered an alternative tour/time, or have their booking refunded.
10) The Caves are situated within a natural landscape and may be closed off during inclement weather. Please check before you travel on days where bad weather is expected.
11) Unfortunately, our caves are not accessible for wheelchair users/those with some mobility issues. You will need to walk for about 15 minutes to reach the cave and remain standing throughout the tour. The cave is accessed from the footpath via
wooden stairs, with further stairs inside each cave. In Robin Hood Cave, there is section of low ceiling which makes it necessary to crouch down in order to walk under, and also uneven floors to navigate. Although the helmets are equipped with a headlamp, light levels may not be sufficient for those with visual perception difficulties, or people who are blind or partially sighted. Light levels may also be insufficient for those who lipread. Please contact us if you have any queries or
concerns about accessing the caves.
12) We have cave spiders at Creswell Crags. Whilst they can be large, they are harmless and protected. If any member of your party has a severe phobia, please alert a member of staff in advance of your tour.
On the day of your tour:
13) Please arrive at our Reception desk at least 15 minutes before your tour time. A member of staff shall provide you with your ticket and direct you to where you should meet your tour guide for the start of your tour. If you have purchased any add-ons, such as parking tickets or guide books, these shall be collectable from Reception alongside your tickets.
14) Entry to our Main Exhibition of Ice Age artefacts is included in your tour ticket. You do not have to pre-book admission to the Main Exhibition; simply ask at our front desk when you wish to enter.
15) The tours last approximately 60 – 75 minutes, including the time it takes to provide you with helmets and walk from the Visitor Centre to the cave.
16) If you have booked a tour later in the day, please be aware that our café closes one hour before the Visitor Centre, and so may no longer be open on your return from your tour.
17) If you need to cancel or rearrange your tour, please contact us as soon as possible - please contact us on 01909 720378.
18) Refunds are available up to 48 hours before the tour. Cancellations less than 48 hours before your tour will not be refunded.
19) The only exception to this will be in cases where someone booked onto a cave tour is showing symptoms of COVID-19, has been instructed to self-isolate, has recently tested positive for COVID-19, or is awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test. Cancellations in these instances will be fully refunded; please contact us as soon as possible in advance of your tour to arrange this.